Saturday, May 11, 2013

Zendala #57

Here is my latest zendala from the zendala dare on The Bright Owl. I used the opportunity to test out a new white marker, a Tim Holtz Distress Marker, that I found at the local craft store. It was fun to play with because the ink starts out invisible before turning white. A neat magic trick. I did have to put on a few coats, however. I also tested a Sakura Souffle marker. It was "whiter," but takes longer to dry and is raised. I've tried paint markers, but they always break on me when I go to use them a second time. They are also oil-based, so they may stain paper. I do LOVE paint markers on canvas. They are so much easier to use than a brush when adding fine lines. A finishing spray evens out the glossy look. I will continue to look for a white pen to use on paper and marker. I hear that Uniball Signo and Sakura Gelly Roll are the best. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
In the meantime, I hope you like my zendala. Comments are encouraged and welcome! =)
Zendala #57

11 comments:

  1. Well i love the color and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great color and I really like the lacy border you added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work. I love the colours and all those lovely squiggles and spots.

    PENS: I'm using a white Hybrid Gel Pen at the moment, but I don't know where it's available. I can't get Sakura pens here (in Germany).
    I also have a "white painter" by Edding that I bought from a D.I.Y. store. I think decorators use it to correct small mistakes, but it works well on paper. That is ink. Correction fluid is the same consistency, so that can also be used with a fine paint brush.
    You name it, I've tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beutiful bold colors and I love your border!!!! Thanks for sharing!! Happy tangling! DayLee Doodler #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the great comments. @Faith--Thank you for the pen suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a beautiful zendala with great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Zendala is gorgeous - lovely colours. I like your edging too, so delicate. I have about 5 white uniball pens and each of them do not flow very well, hence I don't tend to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's so whimsical, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice use of color and I really like the outer edge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous your colors really make it look like fabric patterns. Great work!

    ReplyDelete