Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blessings

{Irish Blessing}
Here is a group of fine line drawings I've completed. They are my most recent works consisting of 4 blessings--Old Gaelic, Irish, Scottish, and Apache. There will be 1 more piece added to the collection when it is finished to represent a Christian Blessing.
{Old Gaelic Blessing}

{Apache Blessing}
I like the art that I create to have a story behind it. The different cultural blessings stand for family history or personal interests. These are meant to be displayed in a room where visitors may receive a blessing as they come and go.

My original thinking when I started was that I wanted the quotes to stand out, but as I moved forward, I decided to blend them in so as not to take away from the art, giving the viewer the opportunity to appreciate the artwork. They may choose to read the quote or not.



{Scottish Blessing}

No comments:

Post a Comment