Saturday, April 13, 2013

Office/Studio Design

I have the wonderful opportunity of turning my home's spare bedroom into an office/studio space. It has posed to be a bit of a challenge to meet the personalities of my husband and I, but I know I can make it happen.
When asked what he would like to see in the office, the reply is a good sturdy hardwood desk with drawers, lots of filing space, and lots of shelves for books and such--the office. For myself, I would like closed storage for my art supplies, a drafting table where I can do art, write, and work on the computer--the studio. There is also a need to get the LARGE 4-in-one printer off of my desk and work space. I would love to have a comfy chair to sit in as well. I am an avid reader and I like to just sit and ponder my art as I am working.
The problem comes when we consider our design styles: I prefer the rustic look while he is a minimalist, which makes rustic look a little cluttered to him, although he does love wood.
So far the only must-have furniture is the drafting table designed by Hooker Furniture and the printer. Lots of possibilities! Below are initial thoughts...
If you have any ideas of must-haves, leave a comment and thanks!
The rooms dimensions are 10'9" x 11'10" with a 3'0"x5'0" closet. There is one 48" square window and the door is 2'6". The drafting table is 52" W X 34" D X 38" H.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment